The Institution of Engineers (India) - Bahrain Chapter is engaged in professional activities since 1988 in Bahrain with the objective of providing opportunities for professional development and thereby enhance professional competence of engineers in Bahrain.
The Chapter is affiliated to Bahrain Society of Engineers (BSE) since 1996. The Bahrain chapter have about 400 members from various disciplines of engineering. We organise the following activities on a regular basis:-
- Monthly Technical Seminars for dissemination of knowledge and experience.
- Factory visits to familiarise members with various manufacturing processes.
- A local Bahrain Centre for AMIE Examinations in association with the Indian Embassy (AMIE is recognised as equivalent of B. E degree by the Indian Government).
- Publication of biannual newsletters to develop skills in writing, sharing of experience and technology update.
- Social get-togethers to promote interaction among members and their families.
- Science and Technology Model contest for school students.